California Privacy Notice
Last updated: September 2023
This Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, and its implementing regulations (“CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with Us, We may collect or receive the categories of personal information listed below. Not all categories will be collected or received for every individual.
- Personal Identifiers, such as name, telephone number, physical address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial Information, such as records of products and services purchased, obtained, or considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
Sale or Sharing of Your Information
We do not sell the personal information We collect.
To opt out of personal information sales or sharing, you can opt-out by contacting Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
For purposes of this Notice:
- “sell” means the disclosure of personal information or Sensitive personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration; and
- “shared” means the disclosure of personal information or Sensitive personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We will keep personal information no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Notice. Under Our record retention policy, We are required to destroy personal information after We no longer need it according to specific retention periods. However, We may need to hold personal information beyond these retention periods due to regulatory requirements or in response to a regulatory audit, investigation, or other legal matter. These requirements also apply to Our third-party service providers.
Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident covered by the CCPA, you have the right to:
- Receive this Notice at or before the point of collection of your personal information.
- Request We disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that We collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom We disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that were disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information We collected about you;
- Request We correct inaccurate personal information that We maintain about you.
- Request We delete personal information We collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception.
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Please see the section below entitled, “How to Exercise Your Rights,” for instructions explaining how you can exercise these rights described above.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long We expect it will take to respond if We are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of personal information will require additional information to verify your identity.
For individuals submitting a request on behalf of another person, We may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made.
For a company or organization submitting a request on behalf of another person, We may require proof of authorization from the individual such as a Power of Attorney and verification of identity directly from the person for whom the request is made.
In some instances, We may not be able to honor your request. For example, We will not honor your request if We cannot verify your identity or if We cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, We will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another California resident or where the personal information that We maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in Our response if We are not able to honor your request. We will not provide Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government-issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, unique biometric data, health care or medical identification numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If We need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, We will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by:
- Writing Us at: PO Box 470734, Brookline, MA 02447
- Emailing Us at: email@example.com
Questions or Concerns
You may contact Us with questions or concerns about this Notice and Our practices by:
- Writing Us at: PO Box 470734, Brookline, MA 02447.
- Emailing Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
We may change or update this Notice from time to time. When We do, We will post the revised Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Where You Can Find This Notice Online